Why Partner With Us?
Unconditional love is our bottom line, make it yours. Let’s work together to engage your customers for good.
We support nearly 4,000 organizations across the U.S. and Canada and work with our friends at PetSmart to host adoptions in over 1,600 PetSmart stores.
We are the leading funder of animal welfare in North America, granting over $400 million since 1994.
Over .90 cents of every dollar goes directly to help pets in need – one of the reasons we’ve earned a 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator for 16 years in a row.
How Our Partnerships Work
Our partnerships are individually structured to create a mutually beneficial program that best meets the company’s objectives while supporting our mission.
We seek organizations that share similar brand values and target audiences with a reach that can help us grow awareness. All partnerships require a financial commitment with a guaranteed minimum, often combining donations of cash, in-kind, marketing support and other community-based opportunities.
What is required to become a corporate partner?
- Companies that have been in business for at least one year, have pre-existing distribution channels and must be able to activate within 5+ markets (pilot program in smaller markets will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- A minimum guarantee of $50,000 is suggested for consideration as a national sponsor.
- An entry-level commitment of $25,000 will be considered for new programs that have the potential to raise $50,000 in their second year. Such opportunities will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- PetSmart Charities strongly adheres to the Better Business Bureau’s Standards for Charity Accountability. All partners must be transparent and clearly disclose program details during the program period on product and company website To view the guidelines, visit bbb.org's charity page.
What does not qualify for corporate sponsorship or partnership?
- Book or film opportunities that utilize the marks through which a donation is triggered by sales
- Participation in affinity programs
- Request to sell, loan or distribute our mailing list or e-mail addresses to third parties
- Promotions that utilize direct mail, telemarketing, door-to-door or vending machine
- Sales proposals that include or are within the following categories: tobacco, adult content, firearms or animal testing.
- Requests for endorsement or selling of products or services.
How can I have my company's logo displayed up on your website?
We recognize our partners on our website and through other assets according to the value of their contribution. Website recognition is a sponsor benefit that is based on the level of contribution.
How can my business best support PetSmart Charities?
Your organization can best support PetSmart Charities through a relationship that is multi-faceted and integrated into your philanthropic, marketing and communications strategies. Partners provide financial support through sponsorship, a philanthropic gift, cause marketing, consumer or employee fundraising. In addition to supporting PetSmart Charities financially, your organization can promote our efforts on-pack, online and within other communication outreach. We will work with your organization to customize a partnership that best achieves your business objectives while delivering upon PetSmart Charities’ mission to support the human-animal bond by connecting people and pets. Partners that wish to participate in commercial co-ventures where a percentage of the product sales price is donated to charity may be required to register the promotion in certain. This is a legal requirement and we recommend consultation by the company’s legal department for compliance regulations.