Purpose of category:
Transport grants are designed to support PetSmart Charities’ Adoption Partners’ efforts to transport animals to areas of demand for pet adoption.
To be eligible to apply, Adoption Partners must be an active in-store Adoption Partner (or in partnership with an active Adoption Partner) and in compliance with all PetSmart Charities policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
Preference will be given to Adoption Partners who have completed 100 adoptions [in the U.S. / 50 adoptions in Canada] over the last 12 months in a PetSmart store.
The maximum grant in this category will be $250,000 in the U.S. and $40,000 in Canada. Transport grant requests may not exceed 50% of the organization’s overall transport program budget. PetSmart Charities’ Transport grants will not support the purchase of vehicles.
Funding may support:
- Equipment, containment & supplies
- Volunteer support
- Isolation space & cost
- Direct costs associated with transport:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle insurance
- Transport Prep for Animals
- Health Certifications
Who can apply:
- Approved and active Adoption Partners
- Collaborative efforts that involve multiple partners utilizing sustainable transport networks relocating at least 1,500 pets annually (U.S.) or 500 pets (Canada)
- View the sample Transport Grant Application
Grant applications will close at 5pm EST on April 24.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid any issues during submission.
Contact a PetSmart Charities Associate Relationship Manager in your area:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY
AL, AR, IN, IL, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, TX, WI, WV
CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT