Purpose of category:
Transport grants are designed to support PetSmart Charities Adoption Partners' efforts to transport animals from areas of overpopulation to areas of demand for pet adoption.
To be eligible to apply, Adoption Partners must have completed 100 adoptions in a PetSmart store in the U.S. or 50 in Canada over the last 12 months and in compliance with all PetSmart Charities policies, procedures, and reporting requirements. If the applicant is not an Adoption Partner, the transport request must include a partnership with an Adoption Partner that has completed the necessary number of adoptions.
Preference will be given to requests that impact 1,500 animals or more in the U.S. or 500 in Canada.
The maximum grant in this category will be $250,000 in the U.S. and $40,000 in Canada. Transport grant requests may not exceed 50% of the organization’s overall transport program budget. PetSmart Charities transport grants will not support the purchase of vehicles.
Funding may support:
- Equipment, containment & supplies
- Volunteer support
- Isolation space & cost
- Direct costs associated with transport:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle insurance
- Transport Prep for Animals
- Health Certifications
Who can apply:
- Approved and active Adoption Partners
- Collaborative efforts that involve multiple partners utilizing sustainable transport networks relocating at least 1,500 pets annually (U.S.) or 500 pets (Canada)
- View the sample Transport Grant Application
This grant category is currently closed.
If you have any questions or experience difficulties in the submission process,
please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org