Finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together.
PetSmart Charities, Inc. is committed to finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together. Through its in-store adoption program in all PetSmart stores across the U.S. and Puerto Rico, PetSmart Charities helps to find forever homes and families for more than 550,000 shelter pets each year. PetSmart Charities also provides grant funding to nonprofits aligned with its mission.
Each year, millions of generous PetSmart shoppers help pets in need by donating to PetSmart Charities using the PIN pads at checkout registers inside PetSmart stores. In turn, PetSmart Charities efficiently uses more than 90 cents of every dollar donated to fulfill its role as the leading funder of animal welfare in North America, granting over $429 million since its inception in 1994. Independent from PetSmart Inc., PetSmart Charities is a 501(c)(3) organization that has received the Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator, a third-party organization that reports on the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of nonprofits, for the past 17 years in a row – placing it among the top one percent of charities rated by this organization.
PetSmart Charities is the leader in pet adoptions – finding homes for more than 550,000 dogs and cats each year.
- 2 out of every 10 adoptions in North America are facilitated through PetSmart Charities.
- Adoption centers are located in nearly every one of PetSmart’s more than 1,660 stores.
- PetSmart’s founders chose not to contribute to pet homelessness by selling dogs and cats in their stores. Instead, PetSmart Charities was created in 1994 to link people with local shelter pets in a friendly, convenient environment.
PetSmart Charities is the leading funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, supporting community efforts in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. We:
- provide $34 million in funding each year to nearly 4,000 animal welfare groups
- provided $3.8 million to improve access to affordable veterinary care in communities across North America in 2019
- provided $2.8 million to keep people and pets together in 2019
- assisted more than 390,000 pets through $15.3 million in emergency relief efforts since 1994
PetSmart Charities is a nonprofit animal welfare organization, separate from PetSmart, Inc. and committed solely to improving the well-being of pets.
- PetSmart is our largest corporate donor, including valuable retail space for PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers.
- PetSmart Charities saves more pet's lives than any other animal welfare organization because of our reach and collaborative approach.
- Pet homelessness is a complex problem requiring local and national solutions, including diverse public-private partnerships to achieve the greatest impact.
Download our logos:
Download a video about us: