Who & What PetSmart Charities Funds
We support nonprofits, municipalities, and animal welfare organizations whose companion animal programs help enrich lives through the human-animal bond.
Grants Supporting Homeless & Adoptable Animals
We are always accepting new adoption partners
Grants Supporting Owned Pets
Improving Access to Care
Veterinary Research Grants
Faculty Research Grant
Student Research Grant
Steve Marton Veterinary Student Scholarship
Natural Disaster Emergency Relief
Grant Recipient Stories
Announcing our $10M…As we begin the new year, we know the effects of the crisis will continue to be felt even after the pandemic comes to an end. An estimated…
Improving Access to…The Nova Scotia SPCA has always been committed to providing the communities they serve with access to services that help the most…
Veterinarians Without…For those living in Canada’s North, dogs play an integral role in the communities in which they live. But with limited or no access to…
What type of organization does PetSmart Charities support?
- PetSmart Charities can award grants to the following entities operating within the United States, its territories, and Canada:
- United States and its territories: 501(c)(3) public charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal)
- Canada: registered charities and municipalities (City, Provincial, Registered First Nations, Metis or Inuit entity)
- We are unable to fund individuals, private foundations, for-profit organizations, or organizations or programs that operate outside the U.S. and Canada.
What does PetSmart Charities fund?
- PetSmart Charities supports nonprofit organizations and municipalities through programmatic grant support. Please view our grant categories here.
- We are unable to review requests for fundraising events, sponsorships or cash or product donations.
When are grants available?
- Grants are open for application by program within a calendared cycle. Please review the grant information on our website here for each application’s open and close dates.
- Applicants can review a landing page which provides the guidelines, criteria and requirements as well as a sample application for most grants.
When/how will I hear about funding decisions for my grant?
- For programmatic grants, applicants will be notified within 120 days of the grant’s close date.
- For National Adoption Weekend event grants, applicants are notified by two weeks of the event start date.
- Notification emails are sent to the Grantseeker (person who submitted the application) your organization has identified in CyberGrants. If you haven’t received an email within the stated time period, please check your spam/junk folder as sometimes our messages land there based on an organization’s email filters.
- If your Grantseeker contact has changed or if you have not received notification within the stated time period, you may reach out to email@example.com for information.