Purpose of category:
This grant will support programs that increase health opportunities for under-resourced pets and their people by facilitating the delivery of accessible basic veterinary care.
Types of animals served:
Any owned companion animal. These are animals that are kept primarily for a person’s companionship.
Applicants should include one or more of the following:
- Focus: Programs that have a primary focus on providing basic veterinary care
- Community: Programs that have elements of community focus and engagement
- Scalability: Programs that have scalability within the organization's community and/or nationally
- Sustainability: Programs that have other funding sources and long-term sustainability
- Data collection: Programs that are unique and innovative that have strong data collection and can build an example for other organizations
- Partnerships and collaboration: Programs that involve collaborative partnerships with other community and/or for-profit organizations
Grant Category FAQs
What types of care qualify as basic veterinary care?
- Basic wellness
- Heartworm treatment and preventative
- Flea & tick
- Basic medical procedures
What qualifies as an under-resourced pet?
Pets with owners whose culture, demographic, geographic or economic characteristics impede or prevent access to affordable veterinary services.
- Submit brief Letter of Intent (LOI) describing the project: opens July 1, 2019 and closes August 1, 2019
- If LOI accepted, application will open August 7, 2019 and close August 28, 2019
Contact a PetSmart Charities Regional Relationship Manager in your area:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY
AL, AR, IN, IL, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, TX, WI, WV
CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT