Emergency Response Grants for Hurricane Ian:
We’re here to help and are committed to providing funds that support rescue, relief, response, and recovery efforts of pets affected by the devastating impact of Hurricane Ian.
We are currently accepting applications from impacted organizations located in any of the nine counties in Florida with federal Major Disaster Declarations: Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas and Sarasota. We are also accepting applications from organizations that are responding to the needs of organizations and pets located in those counties.
Cash grants are awarded to support sheltering supplies and infrastructure, reunification efforts, necessary veterinary care, and staffing and volunteer needs for those working with pets in impacted areas.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide required and/or necessary vaccinations and immediate medical care for impacted pets
- Staffing and volunteer costs including wages, lodging, meals and transport expenses
Eligible organizations include:
- Animal welfare and human services organizations designated as authorized disaster responders by the emergency Agency Having Jurisdiction* providing support for evacuated pets and their people
- Directly impacted nonprofit and municipal pet shelters and nonprofit veterinary clinics
*The organization designated as a responder by the Office of Emergency Management at the city, county, state, or federal level.
Requests not eligible for consideration:
- Self-deploying organizations (organizations providing hands-on rescue not requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction over the disaster response efforts)
- Requests to support equine, livestock or wildlife
- Emergency preparedness efforts or requests for infrastructure or vehicles
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
Please note that Emergency Relief grant applications are associated with specific disaster events. If the disaster affecting your organization is not the disaster specified on this page, do not submit an application. Instead, you may submit an inquiry along with a brief summary of your situation to firstname.lastname@example.org.