Disaster Response Grants for Hurricane Idalia
Disaster relief grants are now being accepted for organizations impacted by Hurricane Idalia in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit or municipal organizations located in declared and affected counties in Florida, Georgia, North or South Carolina or any 501(c)3 animal or human service organization supporting relief and recovery for pets and their people from the area.
Cash grants are awarded to support sheltering supplies and infrastructure, reunification efforts, necessary veterinary care, and staffing and volunteer needs for those working with pets in impacted areas.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide required and/or necessary vaccinations and immediate medical care for impacted pets
- Staffing and volunteer costs including wages, lodging, meals and transport expenses
Eligible organizations include:
- Animal welfare and human services organizations designated as authorized disaster responders by the emergency Agency Having Jurisdiction* providing support for evacuated pets and their people
- Directly impacted nonprofit and municipal pet shelters and nonprofit veterinary clinics
*The organization designated as a responder by the Office of Emergency Management at the city, county, state, or federal level.
Request not eligible for consideration:
- Self-deploying organizations (organizations not requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction over the disaster response efforts)
- Requests to support equine, livestock or wildlife
- Incidents affecting personally owned property
- Individual pet parent requests to support food or medical care for individual pets
- Emergency preparedness efforts or requests for infrastructure or vehicles
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
Please note that Emergency Relief grant applications are associated with specific disaster events. If the disaster affecting your organization is not the disaster specified on this page, do not submit an application. Instead, you may submit an inquiry along with a brief summary of your situation to email@example.com.