For Finding Loving Homes
Our Adoption Rewards & Event Grants can help you change even more lives through adoption.
What if I am not currently an approved PetSmart Charities Adoption Partner?
If your organization would like to facilitate adoptions at a PetSmart store, please contact your local PetSmart Store Leader to begin the process.
Do I need to reapply to become an Adoption Partner?
If your organization has not facilitated an adoption in the last three years, you will need to reapply to participate in the in-store adoption program. Please contact your local PetSmart Store Leader to begin the process.
Are you requiring a minimum number of adoptions?
No, PetSmart Charities does not require a minimum number of adoptions. All 501(C)3 and municipal animal welfare organizations are encouraged to apply to become approved Adoption Partners.
Can I partner or merge with another adoption group to reach an adoption reward threshold?
Approved PetSmart Charities In-Store Adoption Partners are encouraged to participate in in-store adoption events and may partner with other approved partners to co-host events to meet the qualifications to apply for adoption event funding.
When will I receive my adoption rewards?
- Once an Adoption Partner reaches a new reward threshold, rewards are paid out on or around the 20th of the following month and are not cumulative.
- When the next funding threshold is reached, Adoption Partners will be paid the difference between the larger reward and the previous threshold reward payment.
- If there are any issues with regard to payment for an adoption, a request for payment along with supporting documentation must be submitted via email to email@example.com within 30 days of the payment. Claims older than 30 days will not be considered for payment.
- To view your adoption reward payments, log into the Adoption Rewards Portal at https://petsmartcharities.org/grant-portal
- Adoption Partners are strongly encouraged to track their own adoptions and double-check their records with the store weekly. Any adoptions that are not recorded with the appropriate Adoption Partner number will not be considered for payment under the reward program.