Currently accepting applications from designated responders and animal welfare organizations directly affected by California wildfires.
Purpose of category:
We're here to help in the event of large-scale natural disasters in the United States and Canada. In case of an emergency, funds are available to assist during the direct rescue, relief, and/or recovery stages for qualifying organizations seeking to assist companion pets impacted by the disaster.
Grants to qualifying organizations during time of disaster can support:
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (gas/lodging, kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide required and/or necessary vaccinations and immediate medical care for impacted pets
Eligible organizations include:
- American 501(c)(3) public charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal) and Canadian registered charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal, First Nations, Metis or Inuit entity).
- Organizations directly affected by large scale natural disaster that are unable to operationally function
- Organizations in the designated impacted area that are requested to respond by agencies having jurisdiction or the Emergency Operation Center/Emergency Management Center
- Organizations in the impacted area evacuating or relocating shelter pets to provide surge capacity for displaced owned pets as part of the disaster relief effort
- Designated shelters for owned pets with programs supporting their family reunification
Requests not eligible for consideration:
- Capital/rebuilding projects after disaster
- Emergency Preparedness efforts or requests for infrastructure or vehicles
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
- Incidents effecting personally owned property
- Self-deploying organizations (organizations not requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction over the disaster response efforts)
- Organizations depopulating or pulling pets from shelters prior to disasters
- Pet parent requests to support food or medical care for individual pets
- Requests to support equine, livestock or wildlife
- Private foundations, for-profit organizations, or organizations or programs that operate outside the U.S. and Canada.
If your request serves pets impacted by a natural disaster meeting the qualifying criteria above but is not within the aforementioned states, email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about Emergency Relief assistance.