Purpose of Emergency Relief category:
We're here to help in the event of large-scale natural disasters in the United States and Canada. Funds are aimed toward support of rescue, relief, response, and recovery efforts of impacted pets.
Cash grants are awarded to support sheltering supplies and infrastructure, reunification efforts, necessary veterinary care, and staffing and volunteer needs for those working with pets in impacted areas.
Hurricane Ida Emergency Relief grant applications are available for up to 90 days after the disaster and must be submitted by November 27, 2021 to be considered. Only one grant application per organization is permitted.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide required and/or necessary vaccinations and immediate medical care for impacted pets
- Staffing and volunteer costs including wages, lodging, meals and transport expenses
Eligible organizations include:
- Animal welfare and human services organizations designated as authorized disaster responders by the emergency Agency Having Jurisdiction* providing support for evacuated pets and their people
- Directly impacted nonprofit and municipal pet shelters and nonprofit veterinary clinics
*The organization designated as a responder by the Office of Emergency Management at the city, county, state, or federal level.
Request not eligible for consideration:
- Self-deploying organizations (organizations not requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction over the disaster response efforts)
- Requests to support equine, livestock or wildlife
- Incidents affecting personally owned property
- Individual pet parent requests to support food or medical care for individual pets
- Emergency preparedness efforts or requests for infrastructure or vehicles
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
If your organization is currently supporting pets impacted by a natural disaster other than Hurricane Ida in Louisiana, email email@example.com to inquire about Emergency Relief assistance.
Please do not use the application link for disaster relief other than Hurricane Ida.