Purpose of category:
The Steve Marton Veterinary Student Scholarship will be awarded to a veterinary student in the United States who embodies the mission and vision of PetSmart Charities. Veterinary students on the forefront of providing accessible veterinary care in under-resourced communities are encouraged to apply.
Through the scholarship, PetSmart Charities will award up to $50,000 funded directly to the university to cover academic tuition costs, not to exceed one academic year.
Goals of funding:
The scholarship will be given to a veterinary student in good standing who has demonstrated leadership in providing access to veterinary care for pets and people in need. The ideal candidate must possess a strong drive and commitment to supporting the human-animal bond by keeping pets together with their families.
Looking for inspiration? Learn about our inaugural scholarship recipient Devon K. Simms.
Who can apply:
Any current first or second year veterinary student in good standing may apply for the scholarship. Students must be attending a College of Veterinary Medicine within the United States.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation – one from a licensed veterinarian and another from a social worker, community leader or other individual working in a community of need.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Submit most recent unofficial transcript
Helpful tips when applying:
- When applying through the grants portal, applicants will be able to search for and select the school they attend.
- Applicants must use the legal name of the school in order to find the record
- Once a school is selected, applicants should register using their name and email address
- No action will be needed by the school